AbleToTrain by Willing & Able

After a fire what should you do?

If your vehicle is damaged by fire, you should notify GEICO as soon as possible.

You can file a claim online or by phone at (800) 841-3000. Our claims representatives are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Even if you don’t have comprehensive physical damage coverage, you should report any vehicle fires to us as soon as possible.

Have the following information ready when you contact us to begin the process:

  • Any emergency agencies that responded to the fire should be contacted— пlease have a copy of the fire report available as well if you are able to obtain one.

  • Information on any injuries sustained as a result of the fire, as well as any other vehicles or property that has been damaged.

  • Information on the damaged vehicle’s most recent repairs

  • A detailed description of the damaged vehicle, including mileage, options, and enhancements

  • The following is a list of personal property that was damaged in the fire. Personal property coverage varies by state, and your homeowners or renters insurance policy may include additional coverage for personal property lost in a fire.

  • If you have a finance or leasing company, please include their contact information as well as your account number.

  • Your claims examiner may request additional information about the damaged vehicle during the filing process, such as:

  • For the vehicle, a Certificate of Title is required.

  • Records of services and receipts

  • Receipts for any upgrades or custom items that were added to the damaged vehicle*

  • If the vehicle is financed or leased, make sure to notify the finance or leasing company of the fire. Inform your finance or leasing company to discuss the case directly with GEICO to speed up the claim process.

  • You should receive a Vehicle Fire Questionnaire once the process has begun. Please complete and return this form as soon as possible to your examiner.

  • You might be able to get a rental car from GEICO as well. For more information, contact your claims examiner.